Sunday 23 September 2012

Art Sunday; Celebration


This will be quite brief today. I was out last night, it was the 50th birthday of the school where I work. I don’t normally ’do’ formal do’s, but for this I made an exception. Copious amounts of wine, a three course meal, little boxes of chocolates on the table, balloons in the school colours and strong black coffee and chocolate mints to follow. What’s not to like?? Besides which; in this neck of the woods ‘formal’ doesn’t mean black tie and ballroom dancing; it means full kilt get up, The Gay Gordons and various ‘reel’ dances. Guests included teaching & non teaching staff past & present, and head & deputy head boy & girl past and present.
A jolly good time was had by all. My eye has healed as much as it’s ever going to and I’m back at work tomorrow. It’s a beautiful autumnal day today and I have stuff to do in the garden, so like I said, this is brief. 


Today’s Art Sunday is………………..Celebration.

Wedding Candles by Marc Chagall

 
The next one is about the festival of Batukamma from here. 
 http://www.newsonair.nic.in/bathukamma.asp
  Centuries ago, King Dharmangada of Chola Dynasty used to rule South India. He was childless for many years after marriage. After performing many pujas and rituals, his wife gave birth to Goddess Lakshmi. Baby Lakshmi survived many accidents. So, her parents named her Batukamma Since then, Batukamma festival is celebrated by women in Telangana region.

Next; Leonid Afremov, Before the Celebration


from here
http://www.paintinghere.com/painting/BEFORE_THE_CELEBRATION_28393.html
 



Next one from the  Colombian-born Fernando Botero, Latin America’s most popular living artist.


from here

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/News/in/8761/1/blockbuster-botero-exhibition-to-visit-san-antonio-inspiring-community-celebration/

I'm not sure who painted this last one but its from here.


http://chimac.net/2012/01/08/colorful-painting-of-dancers/

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of you, looks like you were having a fun evening :-))

    I love your art choices. I particularly liked the second and third ones.

    ReplyDelete