Saturday 17 November 2012

Maggie Milne, Scottish Artist.




http://www.maggiemilne.co.uk/

Maggie Milne Fine Artist and Portrait Painter

This is what she says of herself;

 

‘’I am an award-winning artist with more than 32 years of professional experience and I specialize in the study of the human figure and portraiture, although I sometimes work within the field of still-life and abstract composition. I live and work in Dundee where I am a part-time lecturer at Dundee College. I graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, University of Dundee in 1979 and since that time I have executed more than 180 commissioned portraits and have exhibited widely in galleries throughout the UK, including the National Portrait Gallery, the Mall galleries, and the County Hall Gallery in London, the Royal Glasgow institute and the Royal Scottish Academy.
My work is held in public and private collections and I have appeared on BBC television in the series ‘Star Portraits’ first shown on BBC1 in 2004.’’


 
This lady  is a painter of portraits and the human figure. In portraiture, she creates a perfect likeness which remains painterly as opposed to photographic. Her paintings are atmospheric and use shape, colour, texture and composition to accentuate the sitters personality and character. 
Her life studies suggest movement and mood by merging anatomical precision with abstract shapes. This is true especially of her more recent life studies which move more toward geometrical abstraction. She was the winner of the television programme “Star Portraits”, hosted by Rolf Harris, with her portrait of Meera Syal, the actress, comedienne and writer.




She is a graduate from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee in and her work is found in galleries and exhibitions all over Scotland. She has had many exhibitions all ove rthe UK and has been commissioned for more than 100 portraits.

5 comments:

  1. I like this artist alot-thanks Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her portraits are really very good, the child's expression in the second picture is so well captured. Being a fan of abstract art, her experiments with geometrical abstraction really appeals to me also!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitch...............I did wonder if this womans art would appeal to you..........I really like her work but its not every ones taste.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I just visited to see this...and I love this artist's work. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first portrait of the two women is incredible...so much diverse talent.

    ReplyDelete