Monday 27 August 2012

Art, Ken Bushe




Contemporary Scottish artist Ken Bushe; information and images are from his website here
What a find this is.
 He says
‘’ I went to Edinburgh College of Art in 1971 for a four year course in Drawing and Painting. During this time my interest in landscape painting was ignited by a trip to the island of Iona off the West Coast of Scotland, and further encouraged by a short stay at Hospitalfield (a large house at Arbroath, Tayside, then jointly owned by the four Scottish art colleges)’’
AND he goes on to say;  
‘’ I worked as a musician in the eighties, playing fiddle and metal vest in, what was at the time, Scotland’s only heavy metal cajun band - Deaf Heights, and appeared with Bo Diddley, Mud, The Pogues, King Kurt, The Proclaimers, KD Laing, Charlie Musselwhite and Runrig’’.
Please take the time to visit his web site, its well worth a vist.
   
seducedslowly wrote on Apr 29, '10
For me ... there is something 'Albert Namitjira' about them... different landscape, but similar style. Quite interesting.
nemo4sun wrote on Apr 25, '10
wow!

i love them all

the second one is breathtaking

:)
philsgal7759 wrote on Apr 25, '10
I can feel the sun and mist wonderful.
rooanns wrote on Apr 25, '10
Very pretty!
pestep55 wrote on Apr 25, '10
So soft and lovely, especially like the second one /:-)
brendainmad wrote on Apr 25, '10
I sure will visit his site. I've got a photo of a forest, which to me looks like a painting and these paintings remind me of it.
greenwytch wrote on Apr 25, '10
i love his play of light and shadow, thanks, Loretta.
agnes128 wrote on Apr 25, '10
Oh yes, a fan I am, his website is wonderful!
starfishred wrote on Apr 25, '10
wonderful loretta and of course I will visit his web site :)
agnes128 wrote on Apr 25, '10
Thank you, I'll be a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment