Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art, Marcia Baldwin



 
Art Sunday; MARCIA BALDWIN

It took me a while today but here I am. We had a brief window of sunshine this weekend, it lasted from Saturday morning all the way through to Sunday afternoon, and obviously I had to take the rare opportunity to spend some time in the garden. The granddaughter continued operation snail hunt and the grandson was away with his friends doing what ever it is that 11 year old boys do. And now the grandchildren are back to their mothers and the weather has resumed its usual torrential downpour. Apparently the rain is set to last until at least Thursday, I’m so glad I decided to spend a much time as possible in the garden this weekend.
Finally I have time to think about Art Sunday……………and I’m devoid of ideas. I messed about on the net, I googled this and googled that and eventually came across this lady. Her work is so vibrant, so colourful, so cheerful, so full of joy, I just had to post. This reminds me of all the wonderful, warm, sunny days we have had in other, less wet summers.
This is what the artist says about herself
         
''My name is Marcia Baldwin and I am a full time professional artist specializing in Oil Paintings.

I love large formats and brilliant color. My true passion is color theory and design and how compositions can play an emotional role in the viewer. Art has always been a passion of mine. I knew from a very early age that art was going to be a strong influence in my life and that I wanted to know as much about art as I could possibly learn. I still strive to learn something new every day.
It takes practice and patience to be a full time artist and I am finally able to devote one hundred percent of my professional life to my studio work.  After many years working in and around art, making a living as an advertising designer, art teacher, art consultant, photographic artisan and many other niches.
I finally opened my art studio to the dedication of purely fine art. I am a trained artist, receiving a BFA and a MFA in the seventies and eighties, respectively. I loved the years I put forth to formal art training.
It is invigorating to be around people with that same passion to learning and exploring the creative and problem solving side of your personality. The people who share this passion greatly influence your though patterns about your art work. It is really great to see the different outcomes from the various people when working on a creative project. We are all looking at the same thing, painting or sculpting or drawing, but each individual will see it a little different and the creation of beautiful works, each individually unique. It is truly amazing.
 For myself, I love oil painting. I love animals and flowers and nature itself. I believe that I was given a talent by God to share His beauty about the world through the use of paint and canvas. I try to relate the love of nature and His Blessings through my art. I hope that the collectors of my work can be touched in some way to Stop and Smell the Roses for a moment and reflect on the joy and beauty that has been given to us each day.
I live in a very beautiful state, working and living on the shores of a lake surrounded by huge tall pine trees and stately southern live oaks. Nature is bountiful. Foxes play and romp across my front lawn. Squirrels and birds hop from one feeder to the next. Wildflowers and flowering trees such as redbuds and dogwood are a blanket of beauty through undergrowth among the trees. It is truly a blessing that I have been given this time to work in my art studio and be surrounded with this serenity. I hope that the passion I have for art and the passion I have to share natures beauty is reflected in my work.''

And this is her web site

http://marciabaldwin.artspan.com/mbr_bio.php#.T_Cr1ZGhkY4
 

Add a Comment
   
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 2
veryfrank said
Humidity stones and water under the pot and a simple grow light, much like an orchid or African violets.
lol......... that's a bit worrying, African Violets are the only plants I've ever managed to kill.
brendainmad wrote on Jul 2
No wonder she's such a good artist in my opinion. Her philosophy of life certainly helps. The bird of paradise is one of my favourite plants. lol
mitchylr wrote on Jul 2
I really love her use of colour. Her work really does express a joy for nature. I think i know what she feels, I get a similar feeling from photographing nature. My favourite painting is the one fourth down from the top.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 1, edited on Jul 1
I think it could be a bit demanding
Humidity stones and water under the pot and a simple grow light, much like an orchid or African violets.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 1
veryfrank said
agree, it is lovely.
recently I've been thinking about getting one of these plants. It's not something I see often in garden centers or shops, I think I may have to order one online and I think it could be a bit demanding, but they are such unusual plants I really would like to give it a go.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 1
Everything is just so impressive. I would be pleased to have any of them or perhaps fabrics of some of the prints, a la William Morris prints.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 1
posting the bird of paradise plant twice was a mistake..............but I'm going to leave it because that's my favourite :-)
I agree, it is lovely.
greenwytch wrote on Jul 1
fantastic! WOW.......great use of colors and beautiful choices of subjects. thanks!
kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 1
I love her beautiful vibrant colors too and I don't usually like bright colors in paintings. I enjoyed reading what the artist had to say sorry for all the rain seems we are extreme heat and dry and you are all rain and no sun
rabbitfriendhere wrote on Jul 1
i absolutely adore this artist!!!
nemo4sun wrote on Jul 1
love the brillant colors

anyone that paints chickens is ok in my book

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 1
posting the bird of paradise plant twice was a mistake..............but I'm going to leave it because that's my favourite :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment