Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Auchmithie Arts festival





This is an Art Sunday with a bit of a difference. I’ve written about the tiny cliff top village called Auchmithie before, it’s beautifully picturesque and 5 miles north along the coast from where I live. This weekend, for the first year, they held an Arts Festival. In the village hall there were home made cakes, biscuits and teas plus an exhibition of what they called the ‘amateur’ artists.
At 15 other venues through out the village different local artists displayed their work. These ‘venues’ were the villagers homes plus the village school house and church. I took a couple of pictures of my friend and her work but I couldn’t really go to all the different venues taking photographs so I’ve found as many of their we sites as I can.
This is Liz Watson who I go out painting with sometimes
local potter
local cartoonist and college lecturer (also pet portraits)
Ross Bull Photographer and film maker
Helen Macdonald, recycled jewelry
These are just a few of the artists and craft makers exhibiting at Auchmithie this weekend. 
   

acousticeagle wrote on Aug 18, '10
Extremely picturesque setting.
bennett1 wrote on Aug 15, '10
That fish piece is so interesting and so beautiful!! It strikes me, looking at your landscapes, how much Scotland looks like the northern part of Michigan. Not the shore so much, but the inland areas. I will need to start painting again; not sure why I gave it up.
nemo4sun wrote on Aug 15, '10
what a wealth of talent

i just saw at the local mall that a store is selling local work and trying to build up the local art scene

great art can be anywhere and everywhere

i really like the fish pottery

:)
mitchylr wrote on Aug 15, '10
That's something I'd have loved to have visited.
brendainmad wrote on Aug 15, '10
Thanks for the links, Loretta. How marvellous to be able to see all this!
agnes128 wrote on Aug 15, '10
Wow, what a cool Art Festival, I wish I was here.
dianahopeless wrote on Aug 15, '10
I think this sounds like a lot of fun. How lucky for you it was so close.
And they have some wonderfully talented artists. Thanks for sharing about it Loretta.

No comments:

Post a Comment