Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art, Junk art



This week I've been looking at recycled art, art made from 'stuff' that's been used and thrown away. It's surprising how many artists are now recycling rubbish and turning it into art.These are just a few.


http://forkartist.mosaicglobe.com/gallery/11720/image/155760

Ian trask turns old spoons into art.



Tim Nobel & Sue Webster
These artists  are best known for their art made from trash collected from the London streets, which shows an image when light is projected in front of it.


Tom Deininger
Deininger is widely known as a famous artist who upcycles junk into fine art installations.



   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 29
mitchylr said
I love 'recycle' art. The spoons were interesting, but the shadows from junk was just amazing!!
hi Mitch yep those are the ones that fascinate me..............I keep wondering how they do it. I think they must draw out the shadow first, then shine the light in the right place then fill in the drawn outline with shadow by moving junk around till they get it right.......can't think how else it can be done.
BUT...........what imagination to think of that in the first place.
mitchylr wrote on Jan 29
I love 'recycle' art. The spoons were interesting, but the shadows from junk was just amazing!!
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 29
nemo4sun said
uri geller is the one that comes to mind

but then i might be channeling the wrong psychic

:)
yep that's him.............just couldn't remember his name but now you mention it, that's def him...........
kathyinozarks wrote on Jan 29
thanks for sharing these are all wonderful-loved the spoons
vickiecollins wrote on Jan 29
makes the term "recycling" take on a whole new meaning...and very prettily too.

http://vickiecollins.multiply.com/photos/album/148
rabbitfriendhere wrote on Jan 29
Amazing Loretta! I love the recycled art. I recently recycled egg cartons to display my paintings. Now I'm thinking about what else I could do.
:-)
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 29
uri geller is the one that comes to mind

but then i might be channeling the wrong psychic

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 29
who was that guy who used to bends spoons supposedly by the power of his mind??..............it reminds me of him.
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 29
i just think that when i see bent spoons

i don't know why

lol

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 29
nemo4sun said
have to admit the spoon art reminds me of the old junkie days (not mine)
wow I never made that connection................
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 29
omc ~ i was going to do a post on nobel & webster a while back
but i could not find good pictures of their work on the web

great job on that

i have to admit the spoon art reminds me of the old junkie days (not mine)

lol

:)
brendainmad wrote on Jan 28
One person's junk is another's treasure!
greenwytch wrote on Jan 28
the silhouettes fascinate me endlessly......and those spoons are just too cute. FANTASTIC art! all of it is amazing. thanks, Loretta!
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 28
thanks folks.............think its the shadows that fascinate me the most................just can't get over how the pile of junk bares no resemblance to the shadow.............sooooooooooooooo clever.
hotclaws wrote on Jan 28
I love the spoons :-)
starfishred wrote on Jan 27
great blog loretta love all the things above
bennett1 wrote on Jan 27
Love it. Computer balky. But I love it!! Especially the Nobel and Webster stuff. Can't watch the videos. Will try later. Thank you!!!
artprevails wrote on Jan 27
I am in favor of art AND recycling! Love all of this.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 27
This is the second video that should have posted but didn't..............

No comments:

Post a Comment