Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, George Large,







 
 
For the second time in as many days I start looking for one thing and end up finding another.
I was looking for paintings of watering cans, odd I know but I’ve just bought my granddaughter a ¾ size galvanized steel watering can for her birthday because she has her own green house. (obviously despite the copious amount of rain falling, she still needs a watering can)
Anyway……………I digress……………..in my search for still life which included watering cans I came across this chap. His name is George Large, wow that’s weird because my maiden name was Large, George is a family name and  he comes from roughly the same area as I do. I suspect this will turn out to be a coincidence but I’ll investigate all the same.
On to his art………….I like it, not the sort of thing I usually go for but this time, I really like it. It reminds me of the industrial paintings of Stanly Spencer, another artist from around the same area area.

Paintings and info from his web site.


http://www.georgelarge.com/index.php




   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 13, '11
no I googled 'watering cans paintings' and set it for an image search. I did find a couple of paintings with watering cans but his was the nicest and then i just decided to show all of his paintings and not bother with my collection of watering cans.
acousticeagle wrote on Mar 13, '11
Very different painter who's found his own unique style. You were looking for paintings featuring watering cans and found some? That's kinda funny, L. Good hunting. Btw, how did you track that down, Google it? Art+painting+watering cans? hehehe
nemo4sun wrote on Mar 13, '11
very colorful and full of movement

:)
mitchylr wrote on Mar 12, '11
I really like this artist. I'm big on this style of painting. Wouldn't it be great if he turned out to be related!!
veryfrank wrote on Mar 12, '11
I especially like the way he has a color theme as well and executes it so well.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 12, '11
Wouldn't it be funny if he were a cousin or other relative? You always find what you're not looking for, Loretta. I like his work too.
Thanks Brenda, just ocasionally it would be nice to actually find what I'm looking for :-)
brendainmad wrote on Mar 12, '11
Wouldn't it be funny if he were a cousin or other relative? You always find what you're not looking for, Loretta. I like his work

No comments:

Post a Comment