Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Grace Slick









 

Art Sunday; Grace Slick
This is how most of us think of Grace Slick,
And now she looks more like this
I used to think she was one of the best female vocalists, in the same league as Janis Joplin.
And now she also paints.
There is loads of information about her and her paintings here.
Web site
Weird I know but watching this video and listening to her made me feel a whole lot better about myself. If Grace Slick can go grey, put on a few pounds and still come across like this, there may be hope for the rest of us lesser beings.
Interview


Couldn’t finish without just one of her songs….. sighhhh oh my she was gooood.
Singing

   

acousticeagle wrote on Aug 29, '10
Oh, I was listening to "Somebody to Love" on the weekend. I dig that song, it's raw rock and Grace Slick's voice is powerful.
philsgal7759 wrote on Aug 29, '10
Awesome Thanks
fransformation wrote on Aug 29, '10
Seems like you just can't put a stopper on those extremely talented people. Wonderful post, music and paintings were great. We were on the same wave length today Loretta.

http://fransformation.multiply.com/journal/item/527/Art_Sunday
vickiecollins wrote on Aug 29, '10
hmmm, somehow your pictures on the blog are not visible to me....and it is almost always interesting to do a "where are they now" type thing on some of the heroes of our youth. Good to know that Grace Slick came up with a good back up plan.

http://vickiecollins.multiply.com/journal/item/1172/Art_Sunday
nemo4sun wrote on Aug 29, '10
always like her

and her art is really good

:)
jools4 wrote on Aug 29, '10
love the images..nice painting and music
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 29, '10
Seems she painted 'Woodstock' and included artists who were there, plus a few who weren't
http://www.limelightagency.com/Grace-Slick/news/woodstock.html

some more of her paintings here, I especially like the ones of lennon and Janis Joplin
http://www.areaarts.com/grace-slick/grace-slick-original-paintings/
mitchylr wrote on Aug 29, '10
A talented lady on more that one level. Great singer, good painter.
bennett1 wrote on Aug 28, '10
Yes, I am enjoying her. Thank you Loretta.
bennett1 wrote on Aug 28, '10
A fond thank to Jerry W., August 1969, Sochi, on the Black Sea.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10, edited on Aug 28, '10
Thanks Bennett...............having a bit of a Grace Slick music night tonight............had forgotton how good she was. what a differene 20 years makes :-) still Prefer the earlier stuff,
bennett1 wrote on Aug 28, '10
About 20 years later:
bennett1 wrote on Aug 28, '10, edited on Aug 28, '10

forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10
dianahopeless wrote on Aug 28, '10
She seems to be as good at painting, as she was at singing. Who knew?!!
This was a great blog post Loretta. Art on more than one level.... :)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10
Nixon story was awfully crazy tho'......
every time I think about the Nixon story a big grin spreads across my face at the thought of what may have been..............maybe not appropriate, but awful funny :-)
laurielulu wrote on Aug 28, '10
WOW.....I just came in to peek. Gotta love Grace, what the 60's implies (I was a little young to have lived it) and how she has re-invented herself. I really like her artistic perception......fantastic blog. Nixon story was awfully crazy tho'......
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10
oh wow..............getting really caught up in her voice now, had forgotton just how good she was, what a voice, and thats before I begin to take in all the paintings.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10
Do you know where I can find some of her Music..preferably free...:) But I will pay if need be
youtube
capndinghy wrote on Aug 28, '10
She is one of the few who didn't squander All of her $$. Do you know where I can find some of her Music..preferably free...:) But I will pay if need be
forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 28, '10
OMG. she paints. who knew?
not me, just found out
greenwytch wrote on Aug 28, '10
OMG. she paints. who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment