Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art, Eric Zener



 
Eric Zener
I came across this artist by typing ‘summer paintings’’ into google. Out of all the paintings and artists that search threw up I choose him because, these paintings reminds me of summers I had when I was young. I loved the water; I lived in the water all summer.
I didn’t mind if it was a swimming pool or the sea, just so long as it was water and the sun was shining. By the time I was 14 I could swim for at least a mile in the local swimming baths. I would go there after school every afternoon and stay until closing time. I loved the feel of the water, I loved the way the sun reflects in the water and causes sparkles, I love the bubbles, I love the colour blue of the water, in fact I love just about every thing these paintings remind me of. Tis a long time since I’ve been swimming and these paintings remind me of the way it was.
Information from
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eric Zener (b. 1966, Astoria, Oregon) is an American photorealist artist best known for figure paintings of lone subjects, often in or about swimming pools.
Zener was born in 1968 in Astoria, Oregon, to a psychologist father and a violinist mother who played for the San Francisco Symphony.
He grew up in the seaside community of Encinitas, California. After earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara he worked briefly as a buyer for a department store, before backpacking around the world for nearly two years, bartering paintings for room and board. In 1991 he settled in San Francisco, where he was still living as of 2004. Zener has three children, the first born in approximately 1998, the second in approximately 2002, and the 3rd in 2009. As of 2009 he lives with his wife, business partner, and frequent model, Julie, in Mill Valley, California. He paints mostly out of a studio in San Francisco.
Zener's works have been exhibited and sold throughout the United States, and internationally, and are part of a number of prominent private and corporate art collections. Zener is a self-taught artist. As of 2004 he had created more than 600 works. His paintings, mostly in oil, are in a photorealist or "super-realist" style Zener describes as "Contemporary Renaissance".
   

rabbitfriendhere wrote on May 20
I loved swimming and water when I was younger. I even had a blue speedo that looked like water to me. I like this artist! :-)
brendainmad wrote on May 20
So refreshing!
mitchylr wrote on May 20
Photorealism is an extremely difficult artform to do well, but he certainly does it very well!!! I LOVE his underwater pieces. His attention to detail in how the light plays and distorts in water is fantastic.
artprevails wrote on May 20
Wow, these make me want to go swimming! Perhaps tomorrow will be warm enough for that here. Beautiful artwork!!!
veryfrank wrote on May 19
There is something so relaxing and calming about being in the water and his work beautifully reflects those feelings.
nemo4sun wrote on May 19
it is getting close ~ but still too cool at night

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 19
nemo4sun said
*sigh*

:)
do you and honey bee and the grandson have your blue pool out yet?? or is it still too cold where you are
nemo4sun wrote on May 19
*sigh*

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment