Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art, Deborah Okeeffe




 
Art Sunday; Deborah O'Keeffe
All information from her website,
please visit it to see many more of her works.

http://deborahokeeffe.blogspot.com/2011/01/winter-paintings-sheep-in-snow.html

All works are in soft pastel and are of the Maharees and Killarney in Co.Kerry and the surrounding area.

She grew up in New York I was taught to draw by her father who was an artist working in the Museum of National History in NYC. She went on to study fine art at SUNY New Paltz in Upstate New York, and after graduating worked as a graphic artist and freelance illustratrator..
In 1995 Deborah moved to Ireland where she met a married her husband Pat. The art career went on hold for a while they renovated a barn on his family's farm. During that time Deborah used her artistic abilities in another direction and  learnt the old crafty of weaving, she worked for 5 years as a weaver  Mucross House in Killarney.
Once the renovation project was complete Deborah gave uop weaving and returned to her original passion, drawing. She has now opened the Back Lane Gallery on New Market Lane in Killarney
The landscapes of Killarney and the surrounding towns and makes it a perfect place to be an artist.  I chose her for this weeks Art Sunday because the landscapes and seascapes she draws with such sensitivity remind me of the landscape in this area.
She draws scenes from Ireland, but they are very reminiscent of things I see every day.
 I especially like her sheep.
   

catherinearmant wrote on Mar 27, edited on Mar 27
mitchylr wrote on Feb 13
Wow, I love her work. Her landscapes and seascapes are gorgeous. My fave is the third one down from the top.
artprevails wrote on Feb 12
Wow, gorgeous sheep!!! I don't know which one I love best, each painting is stunning.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 12
and yes..............like I said.................I ESPECIALLY like the sheep. Not sure why but they do have a special quality.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Feb 12
Georgia O'Keefe is my favorite artist....
I've seen work by Georgia Okeefe, her work is quite lovely. This work is by Deborah Okeeffe who lives in Ireland...............also lovely, but very different.
vickiecollins wrote on Feb 12
Georgia O'Keefe is my favorite artist....and I will never forget the first time I found her work about 30 years ago. Thanks for sharing more of her work. :)

http://vickiecollins.multiply.com/journal/item/1366
greenwytch wrote on Feb 12
the sheep are just too too pretty
reneenay wrote on Feb 12
O' i love these-the sheep are so cute & what great colors.

http://reneenay.multiply.com/journal/item/445/Art_Sunday_Candy_Creation
nemo4sun wrote on Feb 12, edited on Feb 12
such vivid color

even the softer sheep paintings jump off the screen

:)
rabbitfriendhere wrote on Feb 12
I especially like/love her sheep!!! Beautiful scenery and landscapes as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment