Monday 27 August 2012

Art, Emma Davies






Taken from this web site;

http://www.tolquhon-gallery.co.uk/Artists/emma%20s.davis%20rsw.htm

EMMA S.DAVIS RSW was born in Ayrshire into a family of artists. Her father, mother and brother are all respected artists.  She studied drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art graduating in 1998. While still a student, she exhibited in a number of Scottish galleries. This culminated in a sell-out Degree Show and her work has been in demand ever since.

Emma was the youngest ever winner of the Alexander Graham Munro Travel Award, awarded to her at the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolours (RSW) in 1999. This award enabled her to travel extensively in Italy during 2000. As a result she  successfully exhibited many paintings of Italy at the annual RSW exhibition in 2001. She was elected an artist member of the RSW in the same year and in 2002 she was awarded the Sir William Gillies award at the RSW.
 

Emma's favourite subject matter is landscape but she also enjoys Still Life and enjoys combining paint with textiles and experimenting with different patterns and textures.
"I have a great love for the Scottish landscape, the daily changes in light and colour of our landscape influence the way I work every day, along with my own moods and emotions about particular areas I am painting.  My paintings have a textural quality, I like to "play" with different marks with my paint.  Collage of different materials, puddles and occasionally the "happy accident" are how my paintings come together alongside my favourite palette of rich pinks, indigoes and violets  - I am definitely a colourist at heart."

More of her paintings here
http://www.scottishartpaintings.co.uk/artist-emma-s-davis.asp

I don't have any thing to add to this except that I have seen a couple of her works and they really do have a very special quality, the colours are subtle and soft and perfectly represent the soft shades of the scottish landscape. She captures the essence of the Scottish  landscape.

 
   

philsgal7759 wrote on Mar 28, '10
Love her sense of whimsy Thanks for these.
pestep55 wrote on Mar 28, '10
Beautiful bright and make me happy to look at them /:-)
greenwytch wrote on Mar 28, '10
wonderfully bright, i love them!
kathyinozarks wrote on Mar 28, '10
I Love these paintings-thanks so much for introducing this artist to me-Happy Art Sunday
nemo4sun wrote on Mar 28, '10
i love her color and style

i have you added to the art sunday tour

http://nemo4sun.multiply.com/journal/item/308/art_sunday_tour
mitchylr wrote on Mar 28, '10
Really nice work by a very good artisit. I love her use of colour.
brendainmad wrote on Mar 28, '10
I love these paintings. Thanks for the link to be able to see more of her work.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 27, '10
yes................I can see how that could be, her paintings are very 'soft' quite appropriate for quilting i would imagine.
selauk wrote on Mar 27, '10
hmm went to see an exhibition of quilts to day the designs are similar..

No comments:

Post a Comment