Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Marc Chagall







Art Sunday; Marc Chagall

Thinking about magic, how things are sometimes not what they seem and how excited I am at going to see my daughter. Not only does she live in a particularly beautiful part of Scotland but, I don’t see her very often now that she has move away from this area. Marc Chagall seemed like a good choice for this week because his art has a ‘magical’ feel to it. 

Also because I’m thinking of Nemo and hoping he is OK, he loves fantasy art, it is his favourite. I don’t think he would choose this particular artist, but he does love fantasy art in general. So Nemo, where ever you are, thinking of you, hoping you are ok and hope you come back to us soon. 
This is just a little information on the artist from Wikipedia, follow the link for a full write up on him.
 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Chagall

Marc Chagall
Birth name Moshe Shagal
Born 7 July 1887
Vitebsk, Russian Empire (now in Belarus)
Died 28 March 1985 (aged 97)
Saint-Paul, France
Nationality Russian, later known as French
Field Painting, stained glass
Movement Surrealism, Expressionism
Marc Chagall; 7 July 1887 – 28 March 1985), was a Russian–French artist, associated with several key art movements and was one of the most successful artists of the twentieth century. He created a unique career in virtually every artistic medium, including paintings, book illustrations, stained glass, stage sets, ceramics, tapestries and fine art prints. Chagall's haunting, exuberant, and poetic images have enjoyed universal appeal, with art critic Robert Hughes referring to him as "the quintessential Jewish artist of the twentieth century."
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 2, '10
nemo4sun said
i missed this
thanks I'm just back and we missed you too :-)
nemo4sun wrote on Jul 31, '10
these are cool

i missed this

:)
Comment deleted at the request of the author.
hedgewitch9 wrote on Jul 29, '10
Brilliant artist, and great info, thank you, as always, :))
dianahopeless wrote on Jul 29, '10
One of my favorite artists too. I don't know why I have never bothered to find out more about the man. But his art works speak volumes to me. Thanks for sharing a little about him Loretta.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 29, '10
Chagall is a great choice to post Loretta.

He has been a favorite of mine for many years. I discovered Chagall and Matisse around the same time. It was the fabulous use of color that drew me to them. I remember when Marc Chagall was painting the new ceiling for the Paris Opera, getting in to see it was such a major event.
bennett1 wrote on Jul 29, '10
His use of shapes and color is fascinating.
philsgal7759 wrote on Jul 29, '10
Love this thanks
brendainmad wrote on Jul 29, '10
He's certainly one of my favs. So, nemo's missing too - probably over on FB. I read in my computer magazine earlier today that 10 million Spaniards are on facebook and wondered if my account counted.
stillwandering wrote on Jul 29, '10
Great post, very timely!

No comments:

Post a Comment