Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Derek Robertson








Art Sunday Derek Robertson.
This man was born and raised not far from here. He went to Duncan of Jordanstone Art College of Art which is part of the University of Dundee and he still lives and works in the area.
I came across his work a week or so before Christmas and just by looking at it I can see how familiar he is with this landscape.
I’ve chosen a couple of his winter landscapes to show here because they show exactly what this area has looked like recently but there are many more landscapes, seascapes and wildlife paintings on his website.
From the artists websitehttp://www.derekrobertson.com/profile.php
Profile of Artist Derek Robertson
‘’Born and raised in Fife, Derek Robertson works from his studio in Balmerino and, since graduating from Duncan of Jordanstone Art College in Dundee some fifteen years ago, has established a name as one of the country’s foremost wildlife and landscape artists. He exhibits work in galleries around the world including regular selection in the Woodson Art Museum “Birds in Art” international show in the USA. His paintings are held in private collections in more than 40 countries as well as in numerous public collections including those of several British Universities, Museums and the collections of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh and The Scotland Office in London. Derek is a professional member of the Society of Scottish Artists and the Aberdeen Art Society.’’
   

pestep55 wrote on Jan 9, '11
I always enjoy you posts- lovely scenes /:-)
rooanns wrote on Jan 9, '11
Very nice! I love the last one of the road headed into the orange sky!
fransformation wrote on Jan 9, '11
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 9, '11
fits the season here

:)
greenwytch wrote on Jan 9, '11
what beautiful landscapes. agree with brendainmad, i see alot of your own photos here too. thanks.
hedgewitch9 wrote on Jan 8, '11
Thank you SO much for your posts like this :) x
brendainmad wrote on Jan 8, '11
I can definitely see some of your photos here.
horizan wrote on Jan 8, '11
I visited his site and has such a fantastic paintings , i love his collection of scenery is absolutely fantastic .
Thank you so much .
horizan wrote on Jan 8, '11
I like his Art looks very nice , he is such a talented Artist and his paintings are beautiful .
Thanks for sharing his link with us , i will check that out .
Have a great weekend .
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 8, '11
veryfrank said
Just wonderful paintings. I have not seen Derek Robertson paintings in person, however I have seen some of his art reproduced for Christmas Cards from a charity that I support.
Thanks Frank, then you have seen more than I have, because I never heard of him until recently, I love this winter stuff but some of the animal paintings he does are wonderful too.
veryfrank wrote on Jan 8, '11
Just wonderful paintings. I have not seen Derek Robertson paintings in person, however I have seen some of his art reproduced for Christmas Cards from a charity that I support.
mitchylr wrote on Jan 8, '11
I really like his work. It's very contemporary and yet shows the beauty of the Scottish countryside beautifully. I love that last one particularly.
esoterika713 wrote on Jan 8, '11
Really nice.
Nature is a wonderful subject.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment