Wednesday 29 August 2012

Art, Japanese art




Bairei Flower and Bird Prints 1883
After a long but satisfying day in the garden I thought I’d be too late to post an Art Sunday but; the first thing I came across on the computer was these. They are just too beautiful not to share, and for me a perfect end to a day being almost blown away in the garden.
They are  stunning woodblock prints from 1883 by  Bairei Kono a  renowned artist in the bird and flower painting school (kacho-ga) in the imperial city of Kyoto. Bairei started painting  at the age of just 8 in the Maruyama School of naturalist painting. At 27, he transferred to the Nanga School, which concentrates on painting natural history and botanical subjects. He was instrumental in establishing the Kyoto School of Painting before retiring to open his own studio to other painters.
His woodblock prints of birds and flowers are among the most revered and famous in Japan. He placed his subjects in their natural surroundings in compositions of skill and accuracy. This was the height of the Japanese woodblock printing of the late 1800’s (Meiji Period). Bairei’s skill as an artist, combined with his technical ability as one of the very best wood block carvers of the era to allowed him to produce a work as beautiful as this.Each woodblock in the series was printed from six or seven blocks, to produce an image of vibrant colour and beauty. The red chop of Bairei is on each one.
   
catherinearmant wrote on May 16, edited on May 16
I love Oriental Art too !
brendainmad wrote on May 14
I've always loved oriental art.
agnes128 wrote on May 14
I like them all but I'm even fonder of the peonies and storks. Wonderful!
hotclaws wrote on May 14
I have a real affinity with Japanese art.
mitchylr wrote on May 14
Beautiful works in the traditional Japanese style.
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 13
thanks...........I'm quite fond of them too, there are lots more here
http://www.panteek.com/index.htm
veryfrank wrote on May 13
Beautiful art. I have always had a soft spot for oriental art like these, just great!
greenwytch wrote on May 13
thank you..............I thought so too, and I wasn't even looking for anything.........I just came across them by accident, I think it was fate.
i just love it when that happens.
kathyinozarks wrote on May 13
I love these Loretta-and Happy Mothers day to you
nemo4sun wrote on May 13
such beauty

they capture nature so well

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on May 13
thank you..............I thought so too, and I wasn't even looking for anything.........I just came across them by accident, I think it was fate.
greenwytch wrote on May 13
those are truly exquisite! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment