Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Picasso












 
This weekend has been ‘blue’ for me.

I have been painting ‘blue’ fences and edging in the garden, my music choice was ‘Moody Blues’ and now my mood is ‘blue’ because the weather has changed AGAIN and the rain is in the process of ruining my blue fences.

Therefore……………..Picasso’s ‘blue’ paintings seem very apt.


Found this rather nice write up on a poster site and  loved the way these paintings were described as ''
These intensely beautiful yet deeply melancholy paintings''


 http://www.thefineartcompany.co.uk/figurative/fig-2.htm


Pablo Picasso's Blue Period paintings are some of the most beautiful works of modern art that you will ever see. Pablo Picasso's Blue Period spanned the years of 1901 to 1904, when Pablo Picasso first moved to Paris.

These intensely beautiful yet deeply melancholy paintings and drawings were a prelude to Pablo Picasso's drastically different and vibrantly coloured Cubist paintings for which he was famed.
Classic Blue Period paintings such as The Old Guitarist, The Tragedy, Child with Dove  and his classic studies of
Harlequins and acrobats are among his most famous 'blue' works'.
And for those who want to really get to grips with his ‘blue’  period, you could do a lot worse than read up on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picasso%27s_Blue_Period
This last one has always been my favourite Picasso paintings,
its simply delightful.
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 17, '11
The painting I'm the most drawn to is the one of the man with the intense, bright deep blue
I like that one too, its a self portrait
acousticeagle wrote on Jul 17, '11
The painting I'm the most drawn to is the one of the man with the intense, bright deep blue, the 6th one down from the top. There's something about the intensity of colour that I favour above the others. His use of line to define shapes is worth examination, from an artist's point of view.
greenwytch wrote on Jul 17, '11
oh, i am so very sorry about your fences, Loretta. the blue paintings are a perfectly fabulous choice, though. ; D
mitchylr wrote on Jul 17, '11
Unfortunately, I have to get started on my house painting, too. I'll put together a post about Giger sometime soon though. I remember doing one back in the old Y360 days.
nemo4sun wrote on Jul 17, '11
great post

my favorite picasso story

one day picasso was at the beach with friends
a young child came up to him
with a pencil and paper
and asked him to draw something for him
picasso knew he had been sent by his parents
so he took a piece of charcoal from an old beach fire
and drew all over the child's skin
the child went away happy after this bit of fun

picasso turned to his friend and said:
"i wonder how long it will be until they wash him"

lol

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 17, '11
mitchylr said
've always been drawn to more abstract art
And now I really have to go paint the gate.............looking forward to your contribution when I get back :-))
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 17, '11
mitchylr said
. I'm also a big fan of Dali. My fave artist is much more modern, a Swiss surrealist called H. R. Giger.
well don't just mention it and move on..............Feature it!! show us!!
Art Sunday Mitch style......... :-))
mitchylr wrote on Jul 17, '11
I've always been drawn to more abstract art, it just speaks to me. I'm also a big fan of Dali. My fave artist is much more modern, a Swiss surrealist called H. R. Giger. I'm sure you'd hate his work, but it just fascinates me.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 17, '11
mitchylr said
I actually prefer his more famous 'cubist/abstract' works myself,
Strange how taste differ, I think the stuff you like is generally more popular, most people seem to like it. But 'fraid I'm with Heidi on this one, don't like the later stuff much prefer this. :-)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 17, '11
I don't like Picasso much especially his later works but these are great
That is exactly how I feel, generally speaking, I don't like his work, but these are ( mostly) painted before he started the abstract/ cubist stuff that I dislike so much. There are works here that show what a gifted artist he was, the back view of the nude is beautifully drawn, very sensitive with subtle colours and delicate shading..........not at all like his later work.
Headach receding thanks, had a few hours sleep and feel a bit better.
mitchylr wrote on Jul 17, '11
I actually prefer his more famous 'cubist/abstract' works myself, although I do like some of these 'blue period' works. My fave amongst these is the 'Old Guitarist'.
starfishred wrote on Jul 16, '11
I don't like Picasso much especially his later works but these are great
it shows he could really paint which he could befor he really got into abstractness
thanks
hope your headache is getting better :)
artprevails wrote on Jul 16, '11
Picasso, though 'rough' around the edges in his reputation is a favorite of mine. So much is conveyed in mood in his works. An exhibit came through here with paintings and some of his sculptures.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 16, '11
There is a video of a 3-D rendition of Guernica out there somewhere. I had one in a blog but it has since been removed from a youtube account and I haven't looked for a replacement yet.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 16, '11
veryfrank said
My aboslute favorite is Guernica.
there is a bit about Guernica in this video clip of Simon Schama's Picasso, this was a good series.
veryfrank wrote on Jul 16, '11
I prefer these 'blue' paintings to some of his other work.
I am the same way. I look at some of his work and think "what?" My aboslute favorite is Guernica.
kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 16, '11
beautful post-always loved Picasso
brendainmad wrote on Jul 16, '11
I love this one for its simplicity and I think he did it in about 8 seconds: Don Quijote on his horse, Rocinante, and the windmills. I also like his painting of Velasquez's 'Las Meninas'.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 16, '11
thanks ladies.....................I realised Picasso has not been shown very often, another reason to show him today, and i have to admit, I prefer these 'blue' paintings to some of his other work.
brendainmad wrote on Jul 16, '11
How funny! I was looking at some Picasso paintings today though not these blue ones.
pestep55 wrote on Jul 16, '11
They are all fabulous though I well understand your fav /:-) Don't you just love wikipedia?

No comments:

Post a Comment