Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Brian Simons










Art Sunday; Brian Simmons
 




Yesterday, for the first time this year, I managed to do a few small jobs around the garden. My main achievement yesterday was to plant a young cherry tree.
I wasn’t too successful at veggi growing last year and with the winter being so severe I’ve left it a little late to start sowing seeds, instead I’ve decided to concentrate on fruit this year.
Which is why, with fruit firmly ‘planted’ in my mind, I chose these ‘fruit’ paintings for this weeks Art Sunday.
I love the vibrancy of the colour, the freedom of the paint and the way the fruit look juicy enough to eat.
Brian Simons is a Canadian self taught artist who takes his inspiration from the French Impressionists and the Writings of Baha'u'lla'h (Bahá’í Faith). His family moved to Vancouver Island from Alberta, where he began to paint.
He has been showing and selling his work in 1988 and in now represented by many galleries on the Island.
He has been painting full time from 2006 and in 2004 published a course book in acrylic painting.
Currently has work shown in the following galleries:
VAN DOP GALLERY, NEW WESTMINISTER, BC
SOUTHSHORE GALLERY, SOOKE, B.C.



   

acousticeagle wrote on Mar 7, '11
Have you had any thoughts about trying to produce a painting along similar lines of artistic approach? As an artist, you can see the bright use of colour and the arrangement of objects. Bright, attractive art for a kitchen, yes. I've given thoughts to doing something similar myself. If only I had the time!
forgetmenot525 wrote on Mar 6, '11
thanks folks................I thought they would make very good kitchen art. They would also look great as big colourful posters.
acousticeagle wrote on Mar 6, '11
love the one with the orange segments
nemo4sun wrote on Mar 6, '11
lovely work

i am thinking of planting a blueberry bush this tear

:)
fransformation wrote on Mar 6, '11
A wonderful post ... Thanks for the intro to Brian Simmons. I love the mouthwatering colors he uses. :-D

http://fransformation.multiply.com/journal/item/621/Art_Sunday_
bennett1 wrote on Mar 6, '11
I love the richness of his colors and the fluidity of his lines. Nice choice.
mitchylr wrote on Mar 6, '11
I really like freshness of his work.
brendainmad wrote on Mar 6, '11
I have a poster of fruit in my dining area but would love one of these bright paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment