Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Tracy Butler









Art Sunday; Tracy Butler


I think I may have featured this lady before, but even if I have she is worth a second look. She paints mostly landscapes, seascapes and dramatic skys.
The paintings I’ve chosen here are just a few of her, what I would call ‘garden’ pictures, but she has many, many more paintings on her website.
She has painted some pretty spectacular wildlife paintings and more recently, she has been painting dramatic landscapes with dark swirling skys. All of which you can see on the website.
Tracy studied at both the Glasgow School of Art and Central Saint Martins School of Art in London, graduating with an Honours Degree in 1990. 
Born in Glasgow, she has lived in a number of countries, including Canada and South Korea, but Scotland will always be home.  Tracy works in oil, chalk pastel, mixed media and watercolour, depending on her mood, and has had successful solo and joint exhibitions in London, Glasgow and at the Pittenweem Arts Festival, while her work can be seen in galleries all over Scotland. She also has commissioned work exhibited throughout the UK. 
   

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 23, '11
The sixth one down reminds me of Rousseau.
wow..............I actually wrote that and then deleted it :-)
acousticeagle wrote on Jan 23, '11
Very attractive pictures and inventive use of colours in landscapes. The sixth one down reminds me of Rousseau.
runcinnamon wrote on Jan 23, '11
Wow lovely nature paintings xx
fransformation wrote on Jan 23, '11
Very refreshing to look at ... especially in the freeze of our winter time.

http://fransformation.multiply.com/journal/item/599/Art_Sunday_
bennett1 wrote on Jan 23, '11
I particulartly like the second from top which I believe is an embankment full of spring snowdrops,
I love that picture as well - they seem like snowdrops to me. She does a lovely job of contrasting the forest floor with the foliage above. Untrampled places where the wildflowers have spread - heavenly.
greenwytch wrote on Jan 23, '11
very ethereal and quite beautiful. thank you.
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 23, '11
stunning and lush

i looooooong for lush green at the moment

:)
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jan 23, '11
bennett1 said
I have to wake up some for a cogent comment but wow, her paintings really speak to me.
Bennett.............your comment are ALWAYS ....... 'cogent'
Thank you, I particulartly like the second from top which I believe is an embankment full of spring snowdrops, but it could easily be a summer embankment full of wild flowering garlic. Both of which I'm lucky enough to see in the woodlands around here.
bennett1 wrote on Jan 23, '11
I have to wake up some for a cogent comment but wow, her paintings really speak to me.
veroniquemariquita wrote on Jan 23, '11
Very interesting work...simple yet eye-catching.
brendainmad wrote on Jan 23, '11
I think you probably have because I have a photo that reminds me of some of her paintings. It's always good to re-visit anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment