Monday 27 August 2012

Art, Glasgow Girls revisited.




When I first discovered  ''Art Sunday'' I tended to stick to what I knew, which is Scottish Art. I remember Lina telling me she really liked these posts because Scottish Art is still relitivly unknown outside  Scotland. Her knowledge and understanding of ''The Arts'' far suppassed any thing I could ever  aspire too but still she took a genuine interest in what ever we posted. This particular post was one she contacted me about, I emailed her the original piece of work it was taken from and she wrote thanking me. And so..............because I know she liked it... I'm just re-posting the links to the original, the blog and the album, both exactly as they were when she read them in july last year. I was going to 're-hash' it a bit but then decided not to, this one is for Lina and this is how she liked it. 
Where ever you are Lina this one is for you because I know you liked it.






   

kathyinozarks wrote on Nov 8, '09
love your choices, beautiful post
madisonpooface wrote on Nov 8, '09
Loretta these are beautiful works, I really love the top one, what is that. I see Lina's taste for sure. It is so nice how we are all remembering how she influenced us. Your post is great and your thoughts of her are special> I am so glad that Nemo did this.
I do love the last one the lass is so very Scottish.
brendainmad wrote on Nov 8, '09
I remember these and hope Lina can see them.
philsgal7759 wrote on Nov 8, '09
I like the softness in color and texture. The bottom one is especially lovely
nemo4sun wrote on Nov 7, '09
this is beautifull

i have you added to the tour

thanks again

:)

http://nemo4sun.multiply.com/journal/item/194/art_sunday_tour_with_honors_
bennett1 wrote on Nov 7, '09
The middle picture is enchanting. The effect of dappled light on the girl is lovely.
mitchylr wrote on Nov 7, '09
I didn't know you when you originally posted those blogs, so this was the first time I'd seen them. Very interesting. I particularly liked the examples of work by Frances MacDonald and Hannah Walton.
pestep55 wrote on Nov 7, '09
very beautiful, glad you re-posted.I hope Lina can see it somehow.
greenwytch wrote on Nov 7, '09
a perfect choice! ; D
gapeach7355 wrote on Nov 7, '09
Stunning...thank you for sharing again.

Missing our "wicked witch..." :-)
msowens1 wrote on Nov 7, '09
beautiful art.....

and beautiful Lina.... <--- how much she is missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment