Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Vitali komarov









Today I am featuring a Russian Artist called Vitali Komarov. He lives in The Czeck Republic, is heavily influenced by Van Gogh and to me, his work is reminiscent of my time in France.
I’m not sure why, some of his paintings were painted in Southern France but many more were not. Maybe it’s the Van Gogh influence or maybe its  the colours and tonal effects of his work. What ever it is, the overall effect  of this work, evokes the same  emotional response from me as the countryside in rural France did. The paintings I have shown here are all quite similar in colour and style and I chose them deliberatly because they remind me of France. However, there are a great variety of paintings that are quite different to the few featured here and you can see them on his own web site. He writes
’I am a Russian painter living in Lednice, Czech republic. I’m painting almost every day during past ten years. I love nature and walking and I enjoy painting directly from nature. My gallery includes original oil paintings. You can find landscape paintings, still life art, portraits and flower paintings. All paintings are done "plein air", directly from nature. Each painting is unique and original’’

Information from his website.

http://www.komarovart.com/

Vitali Komarov is an artist who enjoys working from nature. Embedded in the European tradition, he has been strongly inspired by Vincent Van Gogh, developing further the techniques and vision of colours introduced by the master.
Vitali’s paintings are full of life, in which every season offers so many wonderful subjects. His vision of the world is full of hope; his colours are bright, yet sensitive. His paintings uplift the spirit and promise new beginnings. What really matters to him is to be truthful and simple in conveying his vision to his audience.
Although primarily self-taught, Vitali studied at the Art School (1983) and the Restoration School (1987) in Saint Petersburg, both in Russia. He lives in the Czech republic but has travelled widely to find inspiration for his work.



   

acousticeagle wrote on May 4, '11
Great use of colour, can easily see the Van Gogh influence.
pestep55 wrote on May 1, '11
His use of color is wonderful /:-)
bjorbo wrote on May 1, '11
The light in these is marvelous, he captures the subtle shading and brilliance so well, most definitely has a Van Gogh feel in some of them. Thanks for the share!
nemo4sun wrote on May 1, '11
there is a sense of peace in his work
very soothing

:)
mitchylr wrote on May 1, '11
Strong Van Gogh influence. I like his work. That first one, of the bicycle, is terrific. I love the red and blue tones.
brendainmad wrote on May 1, '11
It would be difficult for me to say which of these paintings I prefer. I like all of them.
dianahopeless wrote on May 1, '11
I can see how you would be so taken in by his paintings. These just draw you in, as if you are there, seeing what he is seeing. Love how he uses color too. I'm looking forward to visiting his site and seeing more of his painting. Thanks Loretta, this post is awesome. :)
greenwytch wrote on Apr 30, '11
WOW, he is fabulous! i can definitely see the Van Gogh influence in his works...fabulous colors in his paintings. glorious, simply glorious!
veryfrank wrote on Apr 30, '11
heavily influenced by Van Gogh and to me, his work is reminiscent of my time in France.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I like some of these very much. I would be pleased to hang the first house picture and the ones of the potted plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment