Tuesday 28 August 2012

Art, Extravaganze of Colour,





ART SUNDAY

An Extravaganza of Colour.

Today I want to celebrate ‘COLOUR’………….I feel in great need of colour at the moment, our lives can become very grey at this time of year. A couple of weeks ago Nemo featured an artist called Leonid Afremov, his use of colour is magnificent, if Nemo hadn’t featured him I think I probably would devote the whole blog to him.

 Leonid Afremov (born 1955) is a Jewish Belarusian painter who now paints in America. His paintings are often vividly-coloured landscapes, cityscapes and figures, and are typically painted using a palette knife and oil paint.
But today, instead of featuring just one artist I’ve chosen a couple of different artists who are connected by their obvious love and enjoyment of colour. Two of these artists, Connie Tom and Maryse Casol, I’ve featured before but the last is someone I have only recently come across.
Connie Tom is an American Painter who describes herself; ''I'm an artist from Missouri who paints luminous paintings after the manner of the Hudson River School of Painting’’.  
Maryse Casol (born December 7, 1957)
is a French contemporary artist and follows in the footsteps of Matisse and Derain, he is one of the central figure in the Neo-Fauvism movement.
The next artist is called Catherine Horvath-Buchanan and she is a Canadian painter living and working in Ontario. I came across this artist quite by accident. Our friend Kathy advised me to check out the Etsy site for selling hand made and craft goods. I checked it out and came across an online shop selling these paintings. I just love the colours this woman uses.
On her site she says; ‘The art I create is the product of my years spent at art school, practical experimentation and quiet observation. Over time my art has evolved to include many different styles and modes of working, most recently I have included among them abstracted folk art landscapes’.
These works can be found on the artists own web sites.
http://connietom.com/

http://www.marysecasol.com/Art.html

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoloWorkStudio?ref=pr_shop_more

http://www.afremov.com/


   


rabbitfriendhere wrote on Oct 16, '11
These are so amazing!! They really appeal to me! :-)

pestep55 wrote on Oct 16, '11
Brilliant! Thanks for the marvelous color show /:-)

nemo4sun wrote on Oct 16, '11
these are a wonder ~ so bright

our tress are close to peak color right now
unfortunately it is gloomy, windy rainy right now

color played in my choices also

forgetmenot525 wrote on Oct 15, '11
veryfrank said
These are all just lovely. I keep going back to the sail boats by Leonid Afremov, it's just wonderful.
isn't he fantastic, check out the rest of his work, its amazing

http://www.afremov.com/

veryfrank wrote on Oct 15, '11
These are all just lovely. I keep going back to the sail boats by Leonid Afremov, it's just wonderful.

greenwytch wrote on Oct 15, '11
*standing ovation*

acousticeagle wrote on Oct 15, '11
Yes, really love the use of colour since I've 'discovered it', to a certain degree, for myself. Picasso went into his blue period, well I've been in my 'beige' period and now I'm splashing out! *G*

mitchylr wrote on Oct 15, '11
I do love art that has bold use of colour, so I think I'll enjoy all of these artists. Will have a look at the albums a little later.

esoterika713 wrote on Oct 15, '11
So so wonderful. At first I was blown away by the top artist the colour is magnificent but then the Canadian artist on the bottom. Wonderful work.
Truly impressive. I would so love some of her art in my living room. I don't think I'd ever be depressed again it is so cheerful.
And beautiful at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment