Monday 27 August 2012

Art, Jolomo


Oct 31, '09 5:51 AM
for everyone
ART SUNDAY
JOHN LOWRIE MORRISON  (JOLOMO)
His home site herehttp://www.jolomo.com/

I BOUGHT THIS PRINT FROM THE SECOND HAND MARKET.
It’s not a painting, just a print, probably a mass produced print, but I spotted it, immediately liked it, and bought it very, very cheaply.
Then I thought I should familiarize myself with the artist……..so here’s what I learned.

John Lowrie Morrison was born in Maryhill, Glasgow in 1948. He moved with his parents and brother Murdo to Hyndland
He studied drawing and painting at Glasgow School of Art from 1967 to 1972 and then trained as a teacher at Jordonhill College in 1973.
After qualifying he took a post at Lochgilphead High School. He met his future wife, Maureen at Templeton's Carpets where he had a summer job doing designs.
In 1987 John Lowrie Morrison became the principal art teacher at Lochgilphead High School.
He was an Art Examiner with the Scottish Examination Board and became involved in Standard Grade Development and went on to become a member of the Higher Still Advisory Panel.
More about his life and works here
   

mitchylr wrote on Nov 2, '09
Good artist, I like his use of colour.
madisonpooface wrote on Nov 2, '09
I love the colors also and I like they way he works with this palate knife. Many nice painting of Scotland.
philsgal7759 wrote on Nov 1, '09
I love the colors but also the way he paints creating texture in the work.
dawn4 wrote on Nov 1, '09
I love these, especially the first one. The colors are lovely
brendainmad wrote on Nov 1, '09
I like those colours too and also the catchy name of the artist.
pestep55 wrote on Oct 31, '09
Love the vibrant colors /:-)
nemo4sun wrote on Oct 31, '09
i have you added to the tour
i also put in a request per our conversation about lina
please let me know if you want to add something or change something

:)

http://nemo4sun.multiply.com/journal/item/190/art_sunday_tour_with_request
starfishred wrote on Oct 31, '09
since I love the sea this is so wonderful lorretta thanks for the tour
nemo4sun wrote on Oct 31, '09
i like his work very much
besides the color and composition
i like the way he "uses" his paint

i will get the tour up and running later today

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment