Monday 27 August 2012

Poetry and Art, Lilly Allen and George Draghici






This is me just getting back into the swing of things.................oh so long sinse I've posted poetry / art stuff.
This young lady seems to be on the radio a lot recently and I took the time to listen to the lyrics. I discovered what I suppose I would call ''urban poetry with pathos''. I rather like it. 

Lilly Allan
lyrics

It’s five o clock in the morning
The conversation got boring
You said you’re going to bed soon
So I snuck off to your bedroom

And I thought I’d just wait there
Until I heard you come up the stairs
And I’d pretend that I was sleeping
And I was hoping you would creep in, with me

You put your arm around my shoulder,
And it was as if the room got colder,
And we moved closer in together,
Started talking about the weather
Said tomorrow would be fun
And we could watch a place in the sun
I didn’t know where this was going, when you kissed me
CHORUS
Are you mine?Are you mine?
'Cause I stay here all the time
Watching teli,drinking wine..

Who’d’ve known, who’d’ve known
When you flash upon my phone,
I'd no longer feel alone,
No longer feel alone

I haven’t left you for days now
And I’m becoming amazed how
You’re quite affectionate in public
In fact your friend said it made her feel sick
And even though it’s moving forward
ARTWORK BY GEORGE DRAGHICI

George Draghici ''ghici'' was born in Bucharest, Romania. He from the Bucharest University of Fine arts before emigrating tomthe USA. George did restorations to the orthodox churches including frescoes and moasics. he also taught art for junior and High schools students.

http://www.ghici.com/shop.asp

   
ghici wrote on Jan 17, '10
I am honored to see my work "translated" in words.
nemo4sun wrote on Jan 8, '10
now that's a comeback!

:)
djdx wrote on Jan 8, '10
Nice blog!
brendainmad wrote on Jan 8, '10
This is a good post - nice pictures and a catchy tune. Your posts were missed while you were away.
veryfrank wrote on Jan 8, '10
I rather like the lyrics as well. The paintings have a certain 'Art Deco' with color feel to them.
bennett1 wrote on Jan 8, '10
I find this to be such a melancholy lyric - lovely but melancholy. She wants but doesn't know. The insecurities of early love. The pictures are interesting - I especially like the one on the bottom of the woman in the yellow dress. Nice to have you back

No comments:

Post a Comment