Saturday 25 August 2012

Art, Tamara Adams



Tamara Adams;


I found this artist while looking around the web site of the ‘’Attic Gallery, Portland’’



The Attic Gallery began in l973 with a showing of Sidonie Caron's paintings. Today this gallery is the biggest in Portland and features the work of 65 contemporary artists

 

Tamara Adams is a young, contemporary, self-taught artist who believes she inherited her talent from her grandfather. Some of her earliest memories are of visiting her grandfather's studio where he painted and taught art classes. It was he who encouraged her to develop her art.

A Native Oregonian, Tamara paints in acrylic on canvas. She relies heavily on her imagination and tends not to use models or any other outside influence. She has a belief in the power of art to comfort and enrich the soul.

In Tamara's words, "It doesn't seem satisfying to say that I paint what I see, and yet it is what I see, wherever I go, whoever I am with, along with the things that surround me inspiring me to paint"

I chose to show her work this week because to me; while they may not rival Titian or Degas in the masterpiece steaks, they are warm and pleasant and have a touch of the exotic. I could even go so far as to say they celebrate the richness of diversity and rejoice in inclusiveness.  Perhaps I’m being a little fanciful here, but this is what I see in this work.




   


elizelizeliz wrote on Nov 4, '08
Is lik tis pentin by Gauguin.

tumbelweed wrote on Nov 4, '08
I am not big on art, I see a picture and that is all I see To me, this person isn't even a good painter. What am I missing?

brendainmad wrote on Nov 3, '08
I think you're absolutely right about the exotic aspect of her paintings. I'm going to look at her other paintings. I especially like how she's painted the last picture here (three ladies and birds).

pestep55 wrote on Nov 2, '08
I love her use of colors, they are warn and have an earthy quality that is very appealing to me /:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment