Sunday 26 August 2012

P.P.P.P. no 6 Magic





P.P.P.P. no 6 Magic

P is for Performance;
It’s a Kind of Magic, Queen.  
MAGIC………………..Magic is my topic for today because after my daughter’s recent brush with hospitals and potentially serious health problems I can’t help but feel we have magic on our side. This is probably not as well put together as some of my previous P.P.P.P.’s but I’ve been a little preoccupied this week. I just wanted to post this tonight as a celebration of family and good health.the picture above is 'gone but not Forgotten', Waterhouse. 
 ;and I don’t think I need to remind any one, but just in case; THIS IS MY 4 IN 1 BLOG, P is for Poem (as in Poetry Wednesday), P is for Photo (as in foto Friday), P is for Performance (as in Song Saturday) and P is for Painting (as in Art Sunday). You should be able to click onto the images to see them original size.

P is for Poem;The Recall

I am the land of their fathers,
In me the virtue stays.
I will bring back my children,
After certain days.

Under their feet in the grasses
My clinging magic runs.
They shall return as strangers.
They shall remain as sons.

Over their heads in the branches
Of their new-bought, ancient trees,
I weave an incantation
And draw them to my knees.

Scent of smoke in the evening,
Smell of rain in the night--
The hours, the days and the seasons,
Order their souls aright,

Till I make plain the meaning
Of all my thousand years--
Till I fill their hearts with knowledge,
While I fill their eyes with tears.

Rudyard Kipling
-------------------------------------------------------

P is for Photo;
Magical Places around my home.





------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

P is for Painting;
 A few of the Magical paintings of Waterhouse.

John William Waterhouse was a Pre-Raphaelite painter most famous for his paintings of female characters from mythology and literature.
No 1 is 'Boreas
No 2 is 'The Crystal Ball'
no 3 is 'The Magic circle'
No 4 is 'Offering the Cup to Odysseus




   


dianahopeless wrote on Jan 19, '09
Wonderful post Loretta!! I so believe in the power of magic. I think you captured it very well here. Such beautiful art. Queen rocks! Your photos make me wish there were something like that here. And I have always liked anything by Kipling. Hope your daughter is fine now. Have a great week my friend. ((HUGS))

acousticeagle wrote on Jan 19, '09
Also a Queen fan. The photos are lovely and have a mystery about them. It is in places like forests and glades that poets would have walked and penned many a poem.

That painting of Waterhouse's (No 4) is truly amazing in its subject. This is because of the foreshortening of the arms of the woman. I find that anyone who can successfully paint arms, limbs in such a manner is genius. Boreas (no 1) is also marvellous for the use of drapery and the movement of wind. Oh then there's painting no 2 and the use of the colour scarlet.....amazing!

starfishred wrote on Jan 19, '09, edited on Jan 19, '09
love the tree the druids used them to gather strength
love Waterhouse and that poem is lovely
wonderful job loretta
roses for a lovely lady and wonderful mum


djdx wrote on Jan 19, '09
I found the Waterhouse to be quite contemporary. Or do people today copy his style?

We have standing stones also. I think they have something to do with energy or force fields.

hedgewitch9 wrote on Jan 19, '09
Absolutely wonderful!!

The painting are stunning.. I love that photo of the standing stone especially....

Thank you Loretta, you continue to thrill us with your fabulous PPPP's ! :)))

veryfrank wrote on Jan 18, '09
The only Waterhouse painting that I was familiar with is the The Lady of Shalott. These are quite a nice experience, I'll have to look at some more of his work. I am already on record as being a Queen and Kipling fan. Of course this is a real treat for me to find them all together. 'Magic' is a good choice.

ruraldiva wrote on Jan 18, '09
Wonderful, wonderful. since I am in a bit of a grey period myself I enjoyed the Waterhouse paintings enormously. Not sad mind you...just everything coming up that beautiful color.
You have very prolific old growth in your area. I don't recall the names of the trees, but their twists and turns are unbelievable.
I loved the poem.
And since I am a die-hard Queen fan...I need say no more.
Thanks my friend. Hoping that your week goes smoothly. Cheers for good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment