Monday 27 August 2012

Art, Petro Magro




Petro Magro

Born 22nd June, 1918, Dnipropetrovsk


At the age of 22, Petro Magro graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Art College, a school well known for its high regard for realism in all its forms, with a particular focus on drawing and painting.
After active service in the Second World War, in 1948 Magro began to participate in various exhibitions at a local, national and international level.


Well known for his landscapes, in 1964, Magro was accepted into the Union of USSR Artists and in 1996 received the title of an Honoured Artists of Ukraine and more recently, the People’s Artist of Ukraine (the highest achievement award in the country) in 2004.

 Now a highly regarded and distinguished artist, Magro’s paintings can be found in
Russian and Ukrainian museums as well as in private collections in the UK, USA, Germany, Italy,The Netherlands, Israel, Canada and Belgium.


He has had three solo shows in the British Isles since 1992 and the painting Going to Church received the accolade of being rated as the best painting in Liverpool in 1998.

full article herehttp://www.danusha-fine-arts.co.uk/artists/magro.htm


   


bennett1 wrote on Aug 31, '09
How did I miss this? These pictures are exquisite. Thank you so much.

acousticeagle wrote on Aug 31, '09
He's an artist that can use the colour blue effectively. I like realists, and those who can paint atmospheric pictures.

brendainmad wrote on Aug 30, '09
I love these and although I'm not familiar with this artist either, I see his nationality in them.

mitchylr wrote on Aug 30, '09
Another artist whose work I am not familiar with. His use of colour seems to be influenced by Monet.

kathyinozarks wrote on Aug 30, '09
I enjoyed it Loretta-thanks for posting

forgetmenot525 wrote on Aug 30, '09
I just missed an exhibition of this guys stuff a few years ago and have been beating myself up about it ever sense. His work has a vibrancy, it really feels alive. If his painting is called ''after the rain''..............that will be exactly what it looks like. He has the ability to catch the mood of the landscape...........hope you enjoy this. I don't have a lot of time today which is why this is lifted from the wed site, I would usually stay and say more myself if I had more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment