Sunday 26 August 2012

Poetry and Art, Amrita Bharati and Sonia King



Amrita Bharati

This is not the sort of poetry I have ever posted before, I came across this by accident and really liked it. I know very little about this poet (Amrita Bharati born in1939) but love the simplicity of her work. She is a Hindi poet, she studied  Sanskrit and has a MA and a PhD in Sanskrit from Benares Hindu University. She is a writer, a poet, a translator and a publisher. This poem has a vey spiritual quality, it is called
In the Stillness of a Word
by Amrita Bharati


Both
are so alike -
his earth
my sky

I wanted
to follow him
wherever he went
But our paths
were so different -
he was on one

I on the other
with a line between us -
his
and mine
We
were one
in our soul
But
he walked
on the low peaks of the earth
And I
in the high chasms
of the sky
Maybe
these two paths
will turn
one day
in my poetry
so we may walk together
in the stillness of a word


Mosaic artist Sonia King
Artist Sonia King creates one-of-a-kind, contemporary mosaics for gallery, architectural, community and home settings. Her award-winning art is exhibited nationally and internationally and represented in private, public and corporate collections. Mosaics are created using the finest materials gathered from sources around the world: smalti, gold, marble, vitreous glass, ceramic and more. Sonia is a founding member and past President of the Society of American Mosaic Artists as well as instructor in mosaics at the Creative Arts Center of Dallas.
   

sugarpiehuny wrote on Jul 9, '09
This is so wonderful.. I did not read the comments. But the poem made me shiver.... I love it ad the artwork is great!
bostonsdandd wrote on Jul 3, '09
Oh WOW! I haven't read the other comments because I didn't want to forget the feelings this poem brought to me. Oh WOW! I so get this poem. It touches me on a deep level. She really understands the world and the ways of love. Thank you SO much for finding this to share with us!
psychesrealm wrote on Jul 3, '09
Hi Loretta....thank you for your nice comments on my post...Youve done a beautiful job with your post.....and I absolutely love this poem....!!! ...The Stillness of the A Word......resonates with simplicity.....yet says ever so much!!.....Wonderful , Wonderful!!!....
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 2, '09
I.m really please dyou all liked this, i wasn't sure about posting it because it is so different to my ususal choices................and yes...........Brenda I have already considered using the plastic tops to make a mosaic.
sanssouciblogs wrote on Jul 1, '09
Absolutely brilliant piece and wonderful choice of illustration. I loved this, thank you, Loretta!
sweetpotatoqueen wrote on Jul 1, '09
The theme of a universal bond in Hindi poets is one I have always been drawn to as well..it's message of oneness is a balm for the soul. Beautiful words and gorgeous art!
hedgewitch9 wrote on Jul 1, '09
Looks normal size to me :))

What gorgeous pieces of art!
And a wistful, beautiful poem...thank you :)
brendainmad wrote on Jul 1, '09, edited on Jul 1, '09
I'm glad you found this poem and, of course, the pictures you've chosen are perfect for it. Perhaps you could make a nice mosaic from your plastic bottle lids.
forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 1, '09
Loretta, is your page supposed to be so stretched out like this ? I think if you change the link to my page to a smaller font, the page will shrink to a smaller size.
Thank you Laurita, I didn't know that, the page didn't look stretched to me but I have changed the font so that it fixes it for every one else. Can you tell me if it is fixed please ???
veryfrank wrote on Jul 1, '09
Wonderful, lovely combination; the poetry and the beautiful mosaic artwork.
starfishred wrote on Jun 30, '09
wonderful loretta what a find
caffeinatedjo wrote on Jun 30, '09
Maybe
these two paths
will turn
one day
in my poetry
so we may walk together
in the stillness of a word
What beautiful words. I love her metaphors. The pics of the mosaics were lovely, too. I am going to have to look for some more of her writings. Powerful stuff.
lauritasita wrote on Jun 30, '09
Loretta, This is so......beautiful ! I love both the poetry and the lovely mosaic artwork that you have chosen to illustrate the poem. Loretta, is your page supposed to be so stretched out like this ? I think if you change the link to my page to a smaller font, the page will shrink to a smaller size

No comments:

Post a Comment